You Are buying a circa 1840s Daguerreotype
- 6th Plate Photograph
- SIGNED "E. White Maker" and "Finest Quality"
- Edward White was a daguerreotypist and plate manufacturer in New York City.
- His exact dates of activity are not known; however he is listed in the New York City business directory in 1843, '44 and '50.
- In all probability he was active throughout the 1840s.
- In letters in the IMP/GEH collection from White to Southworth & Hawes there is reference to his commenced manufacturing activities.
- On December 14, 1844, White wrote "... we have commenced manufacturing plates".
- Young Mason
- VERY EARLY MASONIC PHOTO
- Good Condition for Age
- The Case is split at the spine as seen
- The Image has deterioration as seen
- The Plate is Signed E. White Maker - Finest Quality Clearly
- The Plain Retaining Piece and Heavy Glass are Likely Original to the Image, as is the case
- The Glass is so Heavy that it will fall out of the case if turned over
- Any other condition or other issues as pictured
- Please see photos for all details & Best Depiction of Condition
- And Please view all photos on a large computer screen, not just on your phone - Thanks
- Calculated Shipping in the continental USA
- Shipping To USA ONLY on this Super Unique Item!
Your Opportunity to own a VERY Early Masonic Photograph!