- You Are Buying an 1850 Daguerreotype of a Young Naval Officer
- NAVAL PETTY OFFICER judging by his Dress
- Probably 10 - 15 years prior to the American Civil War
- 6th Plate Daguerreotype
- Case measures about 3.7" x 3.1"
- Hand - Tinted to represent a nearly FULL COLOR DAGUERREOTYPE Image!
- This Image MAY have been encased in an Earlier Daguerreotype case previously, judging strictly by the mat and retainer shown here.
- There appears to be a smaller, tighter oval ghost shown inside of the mat that you see (looking closely)
- Also, the case, mat and retainer are more ornate than they might have been on a circa 1840s - 1850s Image.
- Beautiful Example of Early Simulated COLOR Photography
- His gilded gold buttons are shining and his well worn cap appears to have been tinted Navy Blue.
- He's seems to be clutching his gloves in his right hand.
- Almost certainly an early NAVY Image
- Good+ to VG Condition for Age
- Photo is Very Attractive
- Very Little of Old Seals Remaining
- Image is Hallmarked H.B. Eagle 4 (likely 40)
- Next Owner will want to have this Excellent Piece Re-Sealed
- Hand-Tinting is Outstanding as Seen Here
- Case is in Very Good Condition, but with Split Spine as shown
- Rainbowing around where Mat has been sitting on Image for more than a century as you can see
- Any Condition or other issues as pictured
- Please see all photos for best depiction of Condition.
- And Please View these photos On your computer (Not just on your phone) prior to making a Buying Decision!
- Shipping in the continental USA
- Shipping To USA ONLY on this Great Item!
One of the Finest Examples of a Military /
Naval Daguerreotype That you will find Anywhere!