- You Are Bidding on an Original German WW2 M-35 / M-40 Helmet
- ORIGINAL German Navy KREIGSMARINE
- Named to the German Sailor / Soldier on the rear skirt
- German Navy Sailor's last name was D. Gefr Difour
- CAMO Helmet - That's not post-war re-paint you see on this helmet, It's Old Camouflage!
- Dated 1938 Liner
- Manufacturer ET
- Shell Size 66
- Liner Rim Size Looks like a 58?
- No Chinstrap
- From WWII Named Silver Star Winning Veteran Estate along with US Serviceman's Army Visors
True Estate Find and UNTOUCHED!
- Robert E. Moseley was the WW2 Vet who owned this helmet. He was born in Windsor, NY in 1914.
After graduating from Ithaca College and coaching and teaching physical education at Windsor High School, he joined the US Army in 1942 as a 2nd Lieutenant.
- He served in the 78th Infantry Division, part of Patton's Third Army, and won a silver and bronze star for his exploits during the Battle of the Bulge. He was also awarded a Purple Heart.
- Lt. Moseley's unit was one of the first units to cross the crucial Rhine River Bridge at Remagen, remembered as "A Bridge too far." He was one of only two survivors in his squad.
- Lieutenant Moseley also served in Germany as a platoon leader and company commander.
- We also have two of Mr. Moseley's US Army Visor Caps up for auction if you're lucky enough to win those too!
- We don't have any paperwork, but both of his visors are Named and these were purchased from the same estate!
- Circa 1938 - 40 Helmet
- Very Good Plus Condition OverAll!
- Liner Clearly Dated 1938
- Liner has Never removed that we can tell!!!
- Leather parts of liner may be a Little stiff, we didn't try to flex them too much
- There is No Chinstrap
- Traces of surface rust as pictured here.
- The Liner tie at the bottom may be a period (1940s) replacement
- Exterior of Shell was Obviously Heavily Camouflaged at one time and is in Fine condition as Photographed
- There are some remnants of Kreigsmarine Gold
Any other condition or other issues as pictured
- Please See Photos & Examine Carefully for Best Depiction of Condition
- Please examine all photos on your large computer screen, not just on your phone, prior to bidding or buying.
- Take a Good Long Look!
- No Reserve!
- Shipping Calculated in the continental USA
- Shipping To USA ONLY on this Super Unique Item!
This is One of the Finest Kreigsmarine Helmets we have ever Handled!
It's Rare that we know the Name of the German Soldier who wore it AND the Name of the Soldier who
Brought it back from Germany - AND The History of this US Service Member!