- You Are Buying a Beautiful Early Oyster Tin
- ULTRA EARLY
- Very Rare C. T. Slaughter Oysters
- 5/6 GAL OYSTER TIN PAIL
- Morattico Virginia
- Tin Manufactured in Baltimore
- This highly collectible C.T. Slaughter Gallon Oyster Can is so RARE to come across
- Either an Bail Handle Oyster Can from this Packing House, or from Morattico, Virginia or from such an Early Time in Oyster History.
- Morattico, VA is in the Northern Neck of VA between the Potomac & Rappahannock Rivers.
- There is a great Museum in Morattico dedicated to preserving the oystering and crabbing industry in this town that was visited by Capt. John Smith in the 1600s.
- The history of the oyster packing house was that Sam Colburn of Colburn Oysters (they have the great black and white diamond design can) and his son in law C.T. Slaughter operated the C.T. Slaughter Oyster Packing Company on Colbert Point on Beach Road (now River Drive).
- In the 1940s, the company was sold to the RVC Seafood Company who primarily did crab picking and packing
- Morattico remains today a small town of watermen.
- Don't miss this opportunity to add this wonderful C. T. Slaughter of Morattico, VA Embossed Gallon Oyster Can with Bail Handle and replacement lid to your collection of Oyster Memorabilia.
- Good Condition for Advanced Age
- Can Top is a Replacement
- Usual Wear along the Top Rim, Bottom and Sides
- No Major, or even much Minor Denting
- A Prime example of this Very Rare Can
- Pail Handle is Very nice Too!
- You Could Haul Stuff in it, But Better for your Tin Display
- Any Condition or Other Issues as Pictured!
- Please See Photos & Examine Carefully for Best Depiction of Condition.
Please View these items on your computer (not just your phone) and ask any questions prior to buying.
- Shipping Calculated in the continental USA
- Shipping To USA on this Super Unique Item!
Try to Find Another One!