- You Are Buying a RARE US NAVY Captain's Tunic
- Circa 1880s - 1890 ?
- Between the Civil War and Spanish American War?
- Anyone Having Information about this piece that will support the sale, please feel free to contact us.
- Picked Near The United States Naval Academy in Annapolis Maryland
- OFFICER'S Bridge Tunic
- Very Nice SHOULDER BOARDS, Buttons and BULLION Collar
- There are about 14 Buttons in all
- There are Two Shoulder boards
- Tunic is In BASKETCASE Condition
- Tunic is Hanging Together (Barely)
- Has Rips Tears, Lining coming Out as seen
- Other Cloth Deterioration as Pictured
- One Sleeve is virtually Non-Existent as you can see here
- There are Pieces of the Tunic flaking off
- There is No Oder (Except, Perhaps Dust) that we can detect
- We've done our best to shake it out and clean some of the loosest pieces and dust off of it
- We couldn't bring ourselves to put it in a Dryer, as it would likely fall apart Further
- All That being said, The Shoulder Boards (which are the most Valuable Part, are in Good Condition
- The Various Naval Buttons are also in good condition, though some have lost some of their gilt
The Saber Collar Devises (Fraternal?) are good, but one has lost quite a bit of Threading as can be seen -
- Any Condition or other Issues as pictured
- Please See Photos & Examine Carefully for Best Depiction of Condition.
- Please View these items on your computer (not just your phone) and ask any questions prior to buying.
- Shipping Calculated in the continental USA
- Shipping To USA ONLY on this Super Unique Item!
A Naval Relic From a Bygone Age!