- You Are Buying a GORGEOUS Daguerreotype Photograph
- Exquisite Half Plate
- FULLY TINTED DAGUERREOTYPE PHOTO
- Circa 1851
- FULLY IDENTIFIED Daguerreotype
- Mildeberger - Spencer Family of Tarrytown New York
- Each Daguerreotype is a 100% Unique Image! There are No Negatives, or Others!
- Beginning May 5, 1853, James Selden Spencer went to Tarrytown, NY, as Assistant Minister of Christ Church, and from May 66, 1865, he was named the second Rector of the parish. He served the parish for a total of sixty-one years as the assistant to the first Rector, Dr. Creighton, as Rector and finally Rector Emeritus.
- He was succeeded in the Rector ship by his son, the Reverend Creighton Spencer who added the name Mounsey to his family name to honor his mother's family. Washington Irving was a warden of that parish for many years, and a warm personal friend of James Selden Spencer, who ministered to him in his last sickness and buried him.
- James Selden Spencer married, April 22, 1844, Annie Maria (Pictured), daughter of John Mildeberger, of Tarrytown, NY She died July I, 1854; leaving two sons.
- Seymour Hobart (pictured), the eldest, became the Very Reverend Father Francis, Prior Provincial of the Order of Dominican Monks in United States.
- ANTIQUE Vintage Photography
- Original Photo, Not copy!
- Fine Condition for 160 Years Old!
- Contrast is Great
- TINTING IS RARE, TASTEFUL and Perfect
- Focus is Soft & Lovely
- Subjects are Beautiful!
- Full Case is A Little Chippy, but Good as Pictured
- Completely Re-Sealed!
- The Finest Image we've Ever Handled!
- Retaining Piece & Mat are Fine
- Covering Glass is good+
- Any Condition or other Issues as pictured
Please See Photos & Examine Carefully for Best Depiction of Condition.
Please View these items on your computer (not just your phone) and ask any questions prior to buying.
- Shipping Calculated in the continental USA
- Shipping To USA and through the eBay global shipping program ONLY on this Super Unique Item!
The FINEST Daguerreotype Image You may Ever Own!