The Art Of War! ... Rare Priceless and One of a Kind Pieces with Price Tags!
- RARE 100th Aero Squadron Mailed 1916 German WW1 WWI M16 Helmet CAMO Camouflag
RARE 100th Aero Squadron Mailed 1916 German WW1 WWI M16 Helmet CAMO Camouflag
You Are Buying a RARE 100th Aero Squadron Mailed 1916 German WW1 WWI M16 Helmet CAMO Camouflage
- There are Letters & Numbers on the inside Left Ear Area, next to one of the chinstrap holders: BF64
- Firing / Batch number is also stamped Boldly onto Inner crown of Helmet - Looks to read: "B W 314"
- Two photos of the 100th Aero Squadron are pictured here - These were take off the net and aren't included in auction.
- Printing on the Outside Reads: "Mr. I. N. Butler, Massillon Ohio U.S.A."
- From: "LT. C.H. Butler, 100 Aero Sqd. Ourches France"
- The 100th Aero Squadron was located at the Ourches Aerodrome France on the Western Front until April 15th 1919
- Original Helmet from WW1 - M-16 - Issued starting in 1916 - These were also used around the beginning of WW2.
- Measures approx. 8.75" front to back - and about 7.25" side to side inside on top of the liner.
Awesome Looking, very solid, but may have a little dirt.
- There's No Rust - What you see on the front is the browning of the original Mail Label.
- Great Patina with a very Subtle Ochre Splotch Pattern.
- These helmets are disappearing into collections and should probably be left as original as possible so we will not touch it.
- Steel Helmet Great condition for age!
- Liner is a Replacement
- Cool Original Ochre Blotch Camo Pattern
- The Mail Label on Front is Very Fragile
- The Typed Print is nearly gone as CLEARLY pictured. The label reads "Lt. C.H. Butler, 100th Aero Sqn. Our" - and the Later Word "Censored" are visible
- The Address Printing is In Paint (and old).
- Both the Label and the Painted address are ON TOP OF The Camo Paint. This would indicate that the Helmet was Painted Camo before it left France!
- All split pins are included and are Likely replacements!
- No Chinstrap
- Probably Some Paint Loss, but does Retain 98%.
- Rarely seen & Unusual Subtle Camo "Splotch" Pattern
- We've photographed it as is
- Sold as is, as Purchased
- Please See Photos & Examine Carefully for Best Depiction of Condition.
This Helmet Has your normal expected wear from war, usage & Storage but is really incredibly solid and would make a great war relic (From the 'Great War') displayed Amongst your other war Treasures!
- See clear, close-up photos above for full details.