- You Are Buying a RARE Large West Point Group Photograph
- Circa 1893 - 1898
- WEST POINT USMA
- Possibly VMI or the Citadel
- Group Photograph Upperclassman PHOTO
- An Alert eBay user submitted the following Information:
- The dress uniforms themselves are of a similar style to USMA and were used at several military schools during that time, including VMI or The Citadel. It is the kepi or hat that I know was never used at West Point, as well as the shield on the kepi. Additionally while not definitively, the cadets sword or saber in the photo appears to be a curved handle and guard not the cadet straight sword handle of the 1870-1890’s that this photo might be from.
More: The photo may date from 1902. The officer in the center is wearing the M1881 dress coat / shoulder knots, but the M1902 saber & sword belt/slings, as well as an undress hat that appears to be the M1907 version (with the wider top than the bell-crown M1902 version).
- Measures about 20 inches by 16 inches
- Upperclassmen with the Superintendent Oswald Herbert Ernst (Superintendent 1893 - 1898)
- US Army INDIAN WARS ERA
- Good Condition for 110 years old
- Wear consistent with age around the edges
- Rounded and worn Corners as seen
- In Need of Re-Framing and Matting
- Some Image loss to the front as seen (White Spots), not affecting the soldiers so much
- Photo is Fairly Clear
- Not Much in the way of Fading
- Please Note the Large size
- Any Condition or other Issues as pictured
- Please See Photos & Examine Carefully for Best Depiction of Condition.
- Please View these items on your computer (not just your phone) and ask any questions prior to buying.
- Shipping Calculated in the continental USA
- Shipping To USA ONLY on this Super Unique Item!
Gorgeous Late 19th Century Indian Wars Era Original!