- You Are Buying an EARLY Ambrotype photo of Kit Carson
- Photograph if a Very confident, young Indian Fighter, who was already a legend, even at this age.
- Kit Carson (1809 - 1868)
- Since Kit Carson died at such an un-advanced age in 1868 (58 years old), Very few images exist of him.
- This may be one of the earliest, or the first Image Carson had taken.
- Ambrotype, or Photograph on Glass
- Unknown Carson Image
- Circa 1852
- Carson would have been about 43 years old when this photo was taken
- The last Photograph seen here is of a similar (yet an obviously older Carson) known Kit Carson image taken from the internet - It is not part of this sale.
- PHOTO 6th Plate
- The Ambrotype Photograph Process would have been new at the time
- We Have No idea who the Other Gentleman Pictured is.
- Pre Civil War
- ANTIQUE Photo
- Piece In Case Measures about 3" by about 3.5"
- Beautiful Condition
- Fairly Clear as seen
- You can see a little deterioration of the image where the black Ink has come off the back between the two seated gentlemen
- A Piece of Black cloth tape is inside the back of the piece as seen
- Spine is Very Good, So Far!
- Gold framing very nice
- No tarnish around edges of photo
- Case is in Very Good condition, there are some nicks in the finish on some of the corners and near the latch to open and close
- General wear on the case as photographed
- Any Condition or other issues as pictured
- Please see all photos for best depiction of Condition.
- And Please View these photos On your computer (Not just on your phone) prior to making a Bid Or Buying Decision!
- Shipping in the continental USA
- No Reserve!!!!
- Shipping To USA ONLY on this Great Item!
Very Nice Ambrotype Photo
Unknown Image of Kit Carson (1809 - 1868)
Truly a Legend in his own time!
All rights reserved. Stock#41.60•ª122•ª98.•995.∞£¡¡92.20¶ª1326.34••§§8